Thursday, June 25, 2009

Sister's Birthday

I want to say that April 29th is my Sister's Birthday. She is four years old and a genious at that young an age. I heard that she always asks about me and I wonder how often. It's been a couple months since I've seen her. Since I've moved to Miami I only speak to her every so often. Even when I lived in Detroit I barely saw her. I do miss her. I remember days when I would take care of her after school, just like she was my own daughter. I felt it was my duty to provide for her and take care of her...But it didn't work out. Now, more often than not, I ask myself does she remember me? Sometimes I don't believe it but maybe it's because I feel bad for not being around. Just last week she asked me if I was her "big brother". And I was shocked. I didn't really know what to say. But I quickly thought about it and I came up with this answer, "Yes, of course I am. Are you my little sister?" As quickly as I asked she responded, "Yes, ok bye..." She is one funny person. I love her and I wish her the best. I just talked to my mother today and I asked her how my sister was feeling about her birthday. My mother told me that she asks her if she was still 4 years old. I can't believe what she says. It's just amazing. She reminds me of an old soul inside a young body. Sometimes I hope she stays the way she is because I worry this world is not for her, or she is not for this world. She is so much better and deserves a safer, more comfortable place than what this society is becoming. Either way, I can't wait to go back home and say, "Hi, little sister. I love you. Let's talk about life..." I know she'll understand. She's just brilliant, and she'll shine like a star, but she'll never roam too far from home. One

No comments:

Post a Comment