Wednesday, October 6, 2010

For a Scholarship

A college experience has given me a second chance at a future. Just two years ago, I barely graduated high school with an interest in joining the military. I didn’t have the funds to go to a good college. Instead of the military, I took two years off to do community service. As I tutored elementary students I learned a college education is just as important as passing the 3rd grade. It wouldn’t make sense for me to teach students how to read if I wasn’t doing the same. I have been in school for about 3 weeks. It has been one of my best decisions. I am officially happy and content with where my life is headed. I’m following my dream of being an Architectural-Engineer. I’m not only doing this for my students, but also for my biological, adopted and U of D Mercy family.

No comments:

Post a Comment